English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 26 March 2008

It is like there is a reason to live again

So here's the big exciting news on my end.

Remember that one time like 4 years ago when my library director up and moved and left me in charge with the eye twitch and the two jobs? Yeah. Still doing that, 6 years later. I have, of course, tried to rule with grace and dignity and for the most part I believe I've succeeded. Or at least I've hidden the bodies of the naysayers. But I am happy to report that my time is almost up. The library board has finally selected a new library director and I'm Not It!

I did apply, but I have never been so excited to not get a job in my whole entire life. Yes, sure, more money would have been nice. But I still kind of didn't want it. This last week I've been pretty much walking on air, singing, giggling, and treating the eye twitch as a somewhat charming house guest whom I will probably miss once it's gone. The new person isn't here yet and it will still be awhile before they are, but I feel completely different. And now I get to smile blissfully at people and say things like, "Yep, you'll sure want to discuss that with the new director when they start. I wouldn't want to step on their toes." And, "Sure, what you're talking about is really interesting. It's not really my concern anymore, though. In fact, I've been on a fabulous dinner date in my head with Ioan Gruffudd the whole time you've been talking. But at least we're both having fun, right?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites