English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 24 March 2008

39 degrees

39 degrees? What 39 degrees? Well, that was the temperature of my body hours ago. It seems that the fever isn't done with me yet. It came back last night, I thought I could sleep it off, but I remain very much feverish in my bed, with my blanket covering to til my chin when my air con isn't even switched on. But no, at 5.30am, it was so bad that I got up and downed 2 pills. Later this morning, I woke up soaked with sweat. I thought I am fine.

But bloody fuck fever refused to let me go. Which is actually a good thing, in a weird way. It's always good to have people tend to you at your every whim. Haha! So yeah, went to the nearby polyclinic for treatment where I spent 2 odd hours waiting (im)patiently for the incompetent doctor and complying to the inefficient system of public healthcare.

That's when I know my body reached 39 degrees. Those mouth thermometer you get from your school is just inaccurate. >_>

Afterwhich, I got home, and the real shit happened. Besides from feeling that I am spinning really fast when I sit upright, I went from intense shivering inside out of my human shell and feeling numbness at my right fingertips (of which, I really panicked for the first time, because screwed up hands = doomed for flourishing, lol), to feeling as though my eyeballs were deep fried at 300 degrees and my brain was clutched by some nefarious steel gripper. It wasn't too fun.

Bah...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites