English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 10 October 2007

My encounter with The Sangha!

I finally picked up the courage.

Courage to do something physical for my increasingly deepening interest in Buddhism. I approached a group of seemingly Tibetian Buddhism practitioners, whom I have seen last weekend, but didn't muster up the courage then, asking them about the local community. As much as it sounds wonderful, I realised they aren't locals and they could only refer me to their international community's website - Kadampa.org. Nonetheless, it has been a great pleasure to be able to meet the international Sangha and converse with them, albeit shortly. A side note, I have not heard such a soft, gentle and peaceable voice in a very long while. It's very absolutely refreshing an experience.

On a similar note, this was the first ever time in my life I said "Blessings." as a farewell to a group of strangers. It sure feels great to do it. Somehow, I feel different.

I came home. Checked on their website. Dang, I missed a great week-long workshop on Tantra Buddhism that taught The LamRim and The Higher Yogi Tantra methods, conducted by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Sigh. Ah wells, it costs $255, I can't afford it anyway. Haha.

Svaha Sangha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites