English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 29 October 2007

Depths of despair

So on Saturday I threw Cicada's bridal shower, in which many, many things went perfectly right:

The food was fabulous.

Lovely people like Jenny and Daltongirl and Ambrosia helped out.

I got to meet Cicada's darling mom.

We didn't play one single lame shower game, on account of I am against those and Cicada didn't want them anyway.

Cicada bought Jenny and me presents for hosting the thing. Which just goes to confirm that Cicada is one who puts the class in classy. (As opposed to people who include registry and/or other money-grubbing information in their wedding invitations. For said people's contribution, simply remove the c and the l.)

The problem is that after we got everything set up I was going to take pics of the food but realized that I left my camera in the car and couldn't find my keys. And then guests started showing up and I got all busy. At the end of the shower, when everything had been devoured, I realized that I never got my pictures. And that it was everlastingly too late. I kind of wanted to shoot myself in the face at that point, since I was SO excited to take the pictures and show the Internet my moment of domestic goddessity.

So instead I'll have to tell you what we had and you'll have to just imagine it. I feel like such a failure, even if the food did kick trash.

Cream of Pumpkin Soup

Crusty rosemary bread

Cheese tray of Chevre, Camembert, and Irish Cheddar

Veggie platters with Green Goddess Dip (not the exact recipe)

Chocolate cupcakes with Nutella filling and chocolate hazelnut frosting, rolled in crushed toasted hazelnuts (Jenny made these because she is the best)

Archer Farms Italian soda, brought by Daltongirl
(blood orange is my favorite!)

So yeah. See why I'm sad?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites