English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 23 October 2007

How to be the smartest

Because really, isn't that what we all want? It's what I want, anyway.

I must admit something shameful to you. I realize that I got a degree in The Internet and everything, but I think all that time I spent swooning over British accents and baby lambs may have scrambled my brain. So now, when people ask questions, I frequently go mentally dead and reach for Google and Wikipedia without stopping to think about where I could get better/more relevant/more reliable answers rather than wading through lists of crap like some kind of rank amateur.

Today I read a post over at Scholastici.us called Beyond Wikipedia: 20 References You Can't Do Without. I am grateful for articles like this, which remind me that I am supposed to be an information professional, who uses the Internet in a streamlined, sophisticated, dead sexy way which possibly involves wearing brick-red lipstick and smoking a cigarette afterward.

So check this list out and I bet you'll find some yummy stuff. Some sites, like JSTOR, are meant for those who have access through an academic library or similar, but most are for the average brilliant Internet user who just wants to be better than the mouth-breathers.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites