English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 16 July 2007

Women of the world

When I was down in Provo last weekend I took Savvy out with me to run some errands. I had my booty-shakin' CD on in the car. The song "Hung Up" by Madonna came on and after a minute or two of listening quietly, Savvy spoke up.

Savvy: What is this song?

Me: It's called 'Hung Up.' It's by a lady named Madonna.

Savvy: Oh.

Me: Do you like it?

Savvy: Yes, I do.

pause

Savvy: [deep, deep sigh] Girls always sing this song . . .

As if she'd taken the weight of the collective females who have lived, ever, on her tiny little shoulders.

Me: Yes. Yes they do.

Savvy: I'm too young to sing this song yet.

Me: I very much hope that's true.

Because so help me if that James has already broken her heart and made her understand The Cross We Women Bear then he and I are gonna have words. Also I might just break all his Star Wars toys. On purpose.

I was going to post the music video up here but after watching it I think maybe I'm not going to. Some of the dancing is great, though, even if you do see more of Madonna's admittedly toned-as-if-by-witchcraft rear than you planned on a Monday morning. You can go see it here if you want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites