English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Happy July 4!

Logan did their fireworks last night--supposedly so it's not competing with Provo's Stadium of Fire. I was in the stadium at Utah State's campus, which is where they shot them off. A bonus was that we got to hear the accompanying music. The minus was that some of that music was country. But then they moved on to good stuff like the Glory and Saving Private Ryan soundtracks. I tried the "fireworks" setting on my little camera and got mixed results, but here are a few of the pics. It was a beautiful night.





Today I'm going to lounge by Spitfire's pool and tonight some friends are throwing a BBQ. I am very relieved about this because all week I've been hearing about what Jen and her friends are going to eat at their BBQ. This way I won't have to throw myself out in front of traffic in a fit of jealousy and thwarted gastronomic hopes.

Everyone please take a minute to go listen to NPR's annual reading of the Declaration of Independence. I may not go around bawling country music or setting brushfires with my fireworks, but you can't say I'm not patriotic in my own snooty NPR way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites