English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 29 March 2007

Thoughts that keep bloggers awake at night

This is a recent IM between my sister Jenny and me.

me: I'm worried about my blog.

My stats are going down.

Jenny: I'm sorry.

me: Am I not being funny?

Jenny: I think you are funny. Maybe you should start posting nude photos.

me: Ooooh, good idea.

Jenny: What do you eat at Costa Vida?

me: I've only had their salads. I mean, do people like it better when I'm bitter or something?

Jenny: I guess so. Which isn't good. Bitter is bad.

What does [Spitfire] order?

me: Tiny things.

Jenny: ;) I'd like a half a quesadilla please . . .

me: :-)

me: Maybe it is that I'm not bitter and angsty and unemployed.

Jenny: I bet it is.

me: Because people read my blog when I was home in AK more than they ever did before--I was sure everyone would stop.

Jenny: I always get the most comments when I bemoan life. Remember when I was pregnant and I would bash my in-laws? I was a roaring success. Now, not so much.

me: Hmmm. Must think about this. Only, I'm not angry or miserable, and I don't want to be looking for things to get upset about.

Jenny: I know. So I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you could tell stories.

me: If only people would insult me more . . .



Later that night I talked to my sister Spitfire. It went like this.

Me: Okay, so I'm worried about my blog. My stats are going down.

Spitfire: Maybe it's because you're not as funny anymore.

The End

So. You got your story and I got insulted. Everybody wins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites