English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 12 March 2007

Remiss in my duties

So I've been living in Logan for a couple of months now but haven't posted any pictures or done much to introduce y'all to the area. This is because:

1. I am a lazy slacker
2. It has been butt-freezing cold and pictures just weren't worth the hypothermia.
3. England was exotic. I wanted to take pictures of everything I saw. To me, Logan looks a lot like Utah County, where I spent 8 years. This, to me, is not exotic. It's what I'm used to seeing.

Then it occurred to me that even if I don't find Logan exotic, I have friends in England and Canada and the Midwest and the South who have never been here. And they might quite like to see some pictures. The weather is nice today, so this afternoon I'll head out and get crackin'.

To get to here from Provo or Salt Lake City you have to drive through Sardine Canyon. I don't know how it got this name. Maybe that's how the poor souls felt back when there was just a 2-lane road going through and they knew only half of them were going to make it out alive.

To be honest, this canyon freaks me right the heck out. It's very pretty but very dangerous, and if there's even a hint of bad weather you just know the canyon is going to be a death trap. Or it might just get closed altogether. And if you're not willing to risk death (I never am, really) then you're just stuck for the weekend with the cows.


I took the above picture yesterday morning while driving back from Cicada's. It's one of the prettier spots along the way, I think. Then you turn a corner and see Cache Valley spread out before you.


When we get to this point, my sister Spitfire smiles happily and says, "I just love Logan." I squint out the window and say, "I smell poop. Do you smell poop?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites