English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 29 March 2007

20 Random things about me

I decided to go with 20 rather than 50. You're welcome.

1. I use my hands a lot when I talk. Only I don't know ASL, so the hand movements really don't do anyone any good.

2. I pace when I talk on the phone.

3. About once a year I binge on Regency romance novels. That is my guilty reading secret. I like the witty banter (and the 3-paragraph kisses). I hate it if they end up sleeping together before the wedding, because that's just trashy.

4. My pinkies are abnormally short. They're not nubbins or anything, they just don't appear to have grown since 1988.

5. I met Hulk Hogan when I was 10, in my school library.

6. "Love Shack" is quite possibly my least favorite song ever. It makes my brain want to run out my ears.

7. You know how when you bring treats to a gathering there's always the person who takes more than they should? I sometimes worry that I'm that person. I once spent an entire party at the spinach dip.

8. I was almost 20 when I had my first kiss. My mom couldn't believe it, and said my senior prom date should have at least kissed me "to be nice."

9. I talk in my sleep--sometimes so loudly that I wake myself up.

10. Blue foods & drinks creep me out. They fly in the face of nature.

11. I never thought I would graduate from college. I thought I would get engaged after the first year, because people said that's what happens when you go to BYU. I need to go find those people and set them straight.

12. I wish I'd lightened up in high school and had more fun.

13. I'm a wuss when it comes to needles--I almost passed out the last time I got a flu shot.

14. One time Jenny & Ed invited over a friend of his because they wanted to set us up. That will always be remembered as the night I sneezed and farted at the same time. Needless to say, we never went out.

15. I would love to have a low, husky, jazz-singer voice. Instead I sound like a mouse singing through its nose.

16. I blush when I get confrontational. I really wish I didn't, because it's a lot harder to be taken seriously when you're turning bright red from the chest up.

17. I wish I'd been nicer to my little brothers and sisters when we all lived together.

18. I don't like to drive. People who go for a drive when they're upset just baffle me, because driving is one of the things that makes me upset in the first place.

19. I can't drive a stick shift. When I try I make the poor car hop like a frog.

20. I won my state's National History Day competition in high school for my paper on child labor. Of course, it was Alaska so probably only about 3 other people entered. I choose not to let this lessen my triumph.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites