English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 7 July 2006

Wow. Shivered MY timbers.

So I saw Pirates last night and it was ever so much fun. I didn't like it as much as the first one (too many different plot threads happening at once) but it was still quite the adventure.

Also, I think I am probably a genius. Or a seer. Or something. When you see the film you'll know what I mean, because I'm not about to give anything away.

One of my favorite "I am a movie geek" parts was when a pistol-wielding Elizabeth and the villianous British official Cutler Beckett have a face-off early in the film. Keira Knightley was Elizabeth Bennett in last year's Pride & Prejudice, and Tom Hollander was the smarmy Mr. Collins. I'm going to call it "The Proposal Scene--Now with Guns!" I'm sure Lizzy was wishing for a gun last time around . . .

When you do see the film, it may save you some jaw-dropping to keep in mind the part where pretty much everyone is a sneaky liar. Except for that doogoder Will. Just, you know, keep that in mind.

One more weak point: A couple of people did and said things that seemed completely out of character with things that they did and said in the first film. I had a slight beef with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites