English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 13 June 2006

Mesmerzised by Opeth.

To Bid You Farewell - Opeth

I am awaiting the sunrise
Gazing modestly through the coldest morning
Once it came you lied
Embracing us over autumn's proud treetops

I stand motionless
In a parade of falling rain
Your voice I cannot hear
As I am falling again

Devotion eludes
And in sadness I lumber
In my own ashes I am standing without a soul
She wept and whispered: "I know..."

We walked into the night
Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed
Is for you?

---------

The reason I am posting the lyric of an Opeth is very obvious, I am totally mesmerzised by that Swedish legends.

The simple melancholy hidden in those harrowing tunes have definitedly infected me. Those monologues filled with sonorous lamentations of depression and critical giatey. The soulful voice of Mikeal, those acoustic guitars backing up the whole song. Opeth, my new favourite band.

Okay, enough of my homage to the band.

I have been equally amazed with a wonderful tool, Google Video at the same time. Googe Video owns YouTube + Putfile + whatever you name it. I have watched the entire Nosferatu movie (and it rocked!), Legalize Murder: A True Black Metal Comedy documentary. Sheesh, such good alternatives to Singapore television. I love the net.

Regarding the Black Metal comedy, 2 words to sum it all: Highly entertaining! Things they have done to poof Black Metal - most probably the most feared music genre ever;

Vic Norseman did the famous Abbath's Call of the Wintermoon dance on a giant boulder.
The interviewer could sleep in Vic's house as he might mess up the 'energy' in the house.
I shall not give anymore spoilers here.

On a flourish note, Jaspas said my Ammageddon cut is nice! Great. I always thought that cut was only average... Wow to my amazement. So basically, Ammageddon cut is a 4 packet false cut that is done in a very fluid manner, fast and simple. Yeps.

Hobbies aside, I find my real life very much boring. Only 2 weeks to my common test, i still have not started studying. Great huh? =) Bah. Life = redundantly-burdened.

On a spiritual side of matters, I have came across a notion that it 'd be cool to be immortalised as an Ageless creature/organism. Then, I can invest my (unlimited) time on pursuits of my liking and to just see the world go by in utter solitude, wihout a burden of rushing in such a stressful environment such as this earth. I mean, what is the point of rushing your paperwork, rushing your lifetime away? I cannot understand that... I would really rather revert my life back to the times when people sit by the river, with a really good book to read, and a good drink to go with the wonderful afternoon. You cannot find that in anywhere in this world any longer. I yearn for that kind of life, where you could just sit and think stuff through.

I'm not being unrealistic here, I just want to exhale in sadness for those who spent their lifetimes chasing nothing. Does A grades really matter? Does everything actually matter? Hiaz. I lament again. I know what is on your mind on my exclaimations. I am extremely existantialistic. I know I am.

I sigh for the last time in case you are going to flood my tagboard saying, 'I'm paranoid."

Alright, I shall end my monologue here,
Ling
13th June 2006

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites