English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Saturday 12 November 2005

Since you all seem determined to out me . . .

And can I just interject here that I should never have provided you people with a public forum in which to conspire against me?

GOSH!!!

Okay then, let's do this thing.

Some of you may have noticed that I've been slightly . . . preoccupied lately. I haven't been posting as often, and when I do it's probably not up to standard. Some of you--the trusted few who have since turned against me--know the reason for this. And for everyone else, the reason is that I haven't been able to post about what I really want to talk about, which is my English Boyfriend!!!

[Blissful Sigh . . . . ]

So, yeah. Short story, I'd heard all about WR from Lady J before I met him--all about how witty and smart he is, and how he's really going places, and how all girls want to date him, and how if I'm looking to snag an English bloke he's probably the best I could do. (This last bit was said with a slightly doubtful expression.)

So of course, these were my thoughts:
1. Chuh. I'm witty, okay?
2. Anyway, I am so focused on my career right now.
3. I'm not about to be anybody's groupie, thanks.

Only then I met WR at that dinner, and we had a really great time talking about stuff like civil rights and foreign films and family law and blogging. So then I thought:

1. Huh. He is witty.
2. And cute.
3. Oh dear . . .

And then he asked me out!! It pretty much snowballed all fast and lovely-like from there, because it turns out that I still can't say no to witty lawyer boys who ask for things in British accents. I am officially a sleep-deprived, spaced-out, snog-addicted headcase who washes black socks with my white laundry and turns all my underwear grey.

By the way, WR reads this blog, which is why I couldn't really be giving y'all the play-by-play until it was safe to do so. So, you know, please keep that in mind! ;-)

I promise I will try not to be too gushy, but I am quite possibly dating the sweetest man alive.

And I'd better go now, because I think I smell something burning.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites