English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 14 March 2006

Is Edwina going on holiday?

Ten points if you know what that's from.

So. Yesterday was pretty much the best day ever, because I booked a holiday! My very first English holiday and I booked it and gave them English pounds and everything for it.

In 20 days I'm leaving for Gran Canaria with Goldilocks, because she needs a break from the English weather as much as I do. We'll get to spend 7 heavenly days napping on the beaches and snorkeling and being warm and eating seafood and feeling actual sunshine on our skin and getting sand for my collection and avoiding cockroaches and the time-share salespeople.

Our hotel will be "allocation on arrival" so we could end up at pretty much any resort on the island. We're guaranteed at least 2-star accommodation, though. And either a balcony or terrace. And I put in a request for quiet rooms on a not-ground floor, because that is safer.

So now I'm finding it hard to concentrate on things NOT related to my vacation. When I walked home in the pelting freezing rain/snow, I thought, "Huh. It's freezing and wet right now. Also I'm going to the Canary Islands." I've already started making lists of things to take with me:

  • My Chacos
  • Sunscreen (lots)
  • Sunglasses
  • Euros
  • Kicky skirts

And I want to tell absolutely everyone about my trip. "Hi, I need to check out this book and pay my fine, and also did you hear that I'm going to Gran Canaria? Because I am. They're expecting me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites