English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 17 March 2006

I've been using some fruity soaps, Maggie!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone, even if I don't know if I'm allowed to just wander around saying that over here.

My Scottish lecturer told us today that she was supposed to be born on St. Patrick's day, but that she's glad she wasn't because they probably would have tossed her in the river in some sort of sack with a stone in it. "Not that I came from a secterian household or anything."

So yeah. I'm going to be careful. I bet Streets will have some good stories today.

If I were home in the States in my own house, I know exactly how I would celebrate. I would wear something green, and I would make corned beef and cabbage and invite people over and we would watch Waking Ned Devine. Only I wouldn't boil the corned beef this time, because that was kind of scary. I'm thinking slow-cooker or oven instead.

Or I would just go to Daltongirl's house, where she will be doing all the same things but in a much more accomplished and tasty manner. Of course, if you go to her house you may end up watching Far and Away instead ("Tell Me Yeh Like My HAT, Shannen!!) or possibly The Secret of Roan Inish, which is a lovely film and features actual Irish people instead of a crazy crazy man-child and his stick-figured Aussie wife who eventually had the good sense to jump that crazy ship and once she did she started winning Academy Awards. Which . . . now that I think about it, is not a bad plan. Good on yah, Katie!

As it is I have no idea what I'll be doing tonight other than writing this report for my How To Be The Boss of People class (my report title is Being The Boss of People from Far Away: The Advisability of Teleworking). If I'd planned better perhaps I could have planned some really cool meal with new potatoes and soda bread and green food coloring and stuff, only I sort of forgot what day it was until last night. Also I just watched Ned Devine a couple of weeks ago, so that's out too.

Dangit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites