English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Sunday 7 August 2005

Somebody kill me please

I'm sick--possibly dying, even.

You know how when you're gorging yourself on food at a party, there is always that moment? It's the moment where you can either stop eating and feel pleasantly full, or you can take that One Last Bite and consign yourself to hours of gastrointestinal misery.

I took the One Last Bite.

It was a brownie bite covered in powdered sugar, supplied by Streets of Belfast at the clothing swap party (more to come on that later). And I'm sorry that I have to keep typing out "Streets of Belfast" but I realized that if I abbreviated it I would be casting serious doubts on my dear friend's gender, parentage, and personality. Maybe I'll start calling her "Streets." That sounds cool and hip an' stuff, right?

Anyway, I ate the brownie bite and have not been the same since. I dragged myself up from the couch to go to Cicada's house for perogis (sp?) because she was kind enough to invite me. They were these amazing dumpling things filled with (I'd better type this fast so as not to induce any kind of episode) mashed potatoes, onion, and cheese, and then you dump on sour cream and sauteed onions and bacon and eat them.

(ulpp--didn't type fast enough--clapping hand over mouth and running to bathroom)

Thanks for waiting.

She also made a beautiful strawberry-rhubarb pie, and I showed my first bit of common sense that night by politely abstaining. We then moved over to another friend's parent's house, which was very large and beautiful and also had a very nice bathroom. I spent a good portion of the evening in that bathroom, which I'm sure resulted in them closing off that wing for an indefinite amount of time.

And now I'm skipping out on church, which is not something I do, but every time I tried to out of bed, my stomach started w/the Greg Louganis-style twisting and flipping while I prayed for sweet death to take me.

I'm writing this from the living room. So far I've ingested a piece of dry toast, which happily has not made any kind of second appearance. I just flipped through this awesome wedding scrapbooks magazine that no one took home with them yesterday. One example page included a poem written by the groom to his love as part of the proposal.

Ahem.



An Engagement Poem

If you take this ring, someday we'll wed.
I can't wait for you to sleep in my bed.

Someday we will marry for time and eternity.
I will love you always, that's a certainty.


Well said, Ammen Harper. Well said.

Now excuse me while I go throw up my toast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites