English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 1 August 2008

Mommy won't always be like this

I promise I will get back to a regular, healthy, bran-filled schedule of posting in just a few weeks. Right now I'm trying to pack up all my possessions to move them to the new apartment next week, since that's when we could get the U-Haul and all the free-ish labor. (Coolboy says it'll cost me pizza. And to that I say, "Whatever, Schnell!" Except I probably will order pizza because I'm awesome like that. Also I will need some too.)

The tragic part is that my precious comfy bed with its Egyptian cotton sheets of I'm-better-at-sleeping-than-you-ness will be moving into the new place before I will. Cannot overstate the sadness of this.

It has also struck me that my roommate years are just about over. On the one hand, it's a relief to think that after 11 years and 42+ roommates I can be done with the Living with Other Women thing. On the other hand, I will now have to start living with a BOY, which means I can never blindly use the bathroom in the middle of the night ever again.

Things I will not miss about female roommates:

Eating disorder girls who eat all your food and THEN just send it to the toilet.

Overhearing clandestine phone-sex calls placed to boys out on missions.

Walking in on making-out couples.

Getting walked in on whilst making out.

Dealing with entire gerbils of shower drain hair.

Women who brush their hair over the bathroom sink. I will never know what that's about.

Finding boys no-longer-asleep on my couch in the morning when I wander downstairs in my underwear to grab my laundry.

Coordinating menstrual cycles.

The White Erase Board.

The thermostat wars.

Kim Anderson, Anne Geddes, and those wooden plaques with "Live well, love much, laugh often" painted on them.

Never having any freezer space because freezers were not meant for 6 separate people to be using them at once.

Copies of First Knight, The Lake House, and romantic comedies starring Jennifer Lopez located where people can actually see them and maybe think that they're MINE.

Wondering what in the WORLD these women are doing to be running out of toilet paper so fast. I swear some of them must have been using it instead of bath towels after their showers.

You get the idea. On the other hand, there are really nice things about living with girls:

It's pretty much impossible to ever be completely out of tampons.

A group of girls are both cleaner and sweeter-smelling than a group of boys.

Girls will let you borrow clothes before a big date. Not only do I not see GF lending me clothes, but he'd probably be all put out that I was going on a date in the first place.

Someone always has a brownie mix.

Now, let's hear yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites