English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Fledging life as a radiographer.

So I have completed 2 days of labour out of the 2 weeks at my assigned practical location of Changi General Hospital, taking into account that I have faced worse employers *Aviva Limited*, I, surprisingly found working in a hospital setting adequately pleasant. Partially because there is not time at all for you to fall into a state of self-reflecting ennui, you are always in the move because people are so prone to injuries nowadays. Haha. 


I shall not go into the details that would bore you to tears. So far, 2 interesting things are noticed. One - Changi General Hospital deals with prisoners from Changi Prison, it is really miserable to see fellow humans having no privacy at all even while changing into the hospital grabs (I could see the policeman's shoes, you pervert). Also, my area deals with equally miserable young men serving National Slavery, getting spine injuries and all that jazz. Two - I saw a patient with the exact same name as my brother, I fucking freaked out. For a fleeting moment, I went, "OMFG, he had a foot injury!", then I looked into the details. Different address. Phew! =) 

Amongst other things, I have started to do real X-rays exposures on patients! Hands, wrists, elbows, thumbs, even knees and the abdomen! Pretty nifty. 

Now, I am fucking tiring. Fucking stood 7 plus hours a day for 2 days straight, and more of that to come. 

Your potential radiographer, 
Ling. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites