English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 21 August 2008

Macabre

For the second week of my hospital stint, I am posted to the Accident and Emergency department (or more commonly known as ER by Western counterparts). There and then, I saw the true and the most crude form of impermanence. For all the days I have been working under that department, the room where they stored the bodies of those who failed resuscitation has been occupied. I have never been closer to death and never have I encountered death so frequently. People coming in with open-skin fractures, blood all over (I saw a bloodied pair of sneakers), people with half their ribs broken, people who simply lie there in their final hours. And, just outside the rooms, people are watching and rejoicing over various Olympic feats. Such a stark contrast of emotions. Such is the impermanence of humanity. Le sigh. 


Amongst other things, no I don't have other things. I am just counting the days to my freedom after my hospital stint. It is excruciating to count the number of hours, let alone days, to lunchtime or knocking off, when the department is barren of patients. >_< 

And, the Dune fever is back with the new novel - Paul of Dune! It's really quite amazing to see how epic Dune can get and sustain for almost 40 to 50 years. =) Can't wait to read the new novel. 

I need to get back my life. The attachment is getting into my life abit too much. Argh. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites