English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 17 September 2007

Well hey, you could always ride my scooter, crash it, and have the bar rape your butt

My sister Spitfire has quite the way of putting things into perspective. Not that, you know, that happened to her on Friday or anything.

I was venting a tiny bit to her last night and her response, as faithfully transcribed in the title, just about made me hyperventilate. Also I'm laughing to think of the kind of Google hits I'm going to get now, between that header and the Mormons Exposed thing--which, let's be honest, is probably going to be more appealing to gay men than to straight women. Hope that's what y'all had in mind, Elders.

Anyway. Now I can talk about the Developments About Which I Could Not Speak Earlier. Last week my director called me in and told me she was leaving the library. She has accepted a job offer in another state and is leaving in a couple of weeks. Felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach by a mule or water buffalo or similar.

So . . . it kind of looks like I'm going to be Acting Director until they find someone new--which could take months. And here I am, a librarian of like 5 minutes, suddenly running a library. I had a lot of thoughts that day. Not many of them are printable. And then there's the question of whether I should apply for the director job. And if I'm going to start getting hate mail from that one group who gets together to talk about how they don't like me. And what the villagers are going to do once they hear that Story Time as they know and love it is now dead and gone (the director was the one who did it, and it was something). I don't even want to be around for that part. I may need to hire grief counselors.

So, um, any advice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites