English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 28 September 2007

This is what I get for deciding to embrace the fall

I get tomorrow's forecast, which looks like this:

Rain/Snow
Likely
Hi 51F

Yeah, the weather is on my craplist. That mess ain't even right.

Fortunately for me, tomorrow is the start of Banned Books Week, about which I am very excited. I mean, sure, my director decided to leave that same week in what can only be an effort to steal the First Amendment's thunder. But that's okay.

Here's what I have on the roster, and I'm glad now that it's a low-key as it is, given everything that's happened since the initial plans were made.

We've made pirate-themed displays to go with this year's theme, and we're displaying copies of books from the ALA's 100 Most Frequently Challenged books of 1990-2000 list. I've also made brochures that include that list and the list of the big challenged books for 2006.

We're doing a drawing during the week, and I have 14 copies of books like The Giver, Bridge to Terabithia, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Witches to give as prizes. I also bought bookmarks to give out, and 2 of the ALA posters.


We have "I read banned books" buttons to wear during the week.

I kind of really, really wanted this canvas tote. I couldn't decide though if it was fabulous or if I was just turning into an Education Week participant and my next step would be denim jumpers and white Keds.


Anyway. Which banned book are you going to read next week to celebrate?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites