English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 7 September 2007

Not that I'm cheap, mind you

But the fact that money has left my cold, brittle, dead hands to upgrade me from a free to a paid Flickr account means I love you people. And it means that I can now start putting all the England and food pictures I want up there. Huzzah!

Of course, doing this makes me miss England. A lot. So much that the only cure really is to go watch my new birthday copy of North and South some more. Of course, I name that as my cure for lots of things, including PMS, allergies, and corns.

BUT. Yesterday was good, because it was the first step in my Secret New Plan. I figure if I can't live in England, I can at least get all my English friends to come live near me. And one of them has! Neener! Last night was mine and Desmama's book group, with the newest member being the lovely Sian from Loughborough, who just moved to L**** with her new American husband. It was so great to see her and too weird to think that we would both end up here. The only problem was that as we chatted I could hear myself slipping back into whatever strange hybrid I spoke during that year. I just hope Spitfire didn't notice. We're kind of merciless about things like that in my family.

The other highlight of my evening was when Sian arrived at my apartment (she was first) and had to delicately inform me that the back of my skirt was sort of tucked into my underwear. Do not ask me how this happened--all I know is that I was wearing a lot of layers and had had to rush out of the bathroom earlier to answer the phone. I tried to play if off, though. "Why yes, this is how U.S. Americans, such as, greet friends after a long separation."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites