English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 15 February 2007

It's all in my head

Last night I wrote a slightly paranoid, angsty email to my Circle of Truth (Daltongirl, Sakhmet, & Cicada). During the night I dreamed that they all wrote back and talked me down with comforting, reality-based words. This was not much of a stretch for my subconscious, because that's pretty much what's guaranteed to happen once they get on the ball and get to their computers. They also told me I was pretty and a wonderful writer, which kind of came out of nowhere but was still appreciated by me. You ladies are the best.

The dream that I hate is my Theme Dream. It's the one where I'm trapped inside a house that is being attacked from the outside. I'm usually babysitting or somehow in charge of young, small, helpless people. I have to run around to lock all the doors and windows before the monsters come crashing through. The house and the monsters change. Sometimes they're werewolves or vampires or really jerky Nazis. Once they were Japanese soldiers--my apologies to the good people of the Japanese armed forces, but I'd probably just watched Paradise Road or some awful thing. It's a scary, scary dream, and it never has a resolution. I just wake up in a panic. I get it when I'm stressed out.

Does anyone else have any recurring dreams they'd like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites