English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 14 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I usually write "Happy VD" but then I have to go back and fix that lest people get the wrong idea.

This morning I worked out, even if there is no one to appreciate my hot new rock-hard body and excellent cardiovascular health. I have the satisfaction of knowing what they're missing out on, at least. When I got back from the gym my sweet roommates left candy & valentines at my door. Because THEY get the true meaning of Valentine's Day, which is about recreating as much of the elementary-school experience as possible. I have Strawberry Shortcake cards to deliver among my coworkers.

DP told me that the guys in their ward are delivering flowers to all the girls in their ward. (If any of those girls read this, act surprised when it happens, okay?) I think that's a great idea, because flowers are pretty much always a nice thing to get. Unless they come from some kind of stalker who has a homemade tattoo of "[Your name] + [His name] = 4 EVA" carved into his chest. Or a guy who's giving them to you because he's going to break up with you three days later but doesn't want you to feel bad about yourself. No lie, happened to a roommate.

Anyway, this made me think about how I would quite like some flowers, too. So I picked a little carnation bouquet up on my way to work and they look lovely sitting on my desk. I'm going to take half of them to my sister Spitfire on my lunch break, and then we both win. I have decided that this is not pathetic at all, and anyone who thinks differently can just shut their face because I don't care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites