English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

Multiple points for you if you catch the reference. Plus it will make me happy to think that there were people out there spending just as much time NOT kissing boys in high school as I was.




Last week GH and I hit the new In-N-Out that opened up in Draper. There were several highlights, the most surprising of which was GH's strawberry milkshake--I don't even care about strawberry milkshakes but daaaaang that was good.

Also there was the part where we really were, in fact, in and out. Even though there were loads of people, they had everything moving at a very fast and smooth pace. Within 10 minutes of walking through the door we were sitting down eating on a clean table. They imported a seasoned crew from California to get them through the first several weeks, which seemed very smart. You could tell that there was plenty of training going on and all the staff seemed cheerful and capable. (Then again, after the baptism-by-fire that was the opening weekend with its traffic directing and 2-hour lines, our crowd could have seemed like nothing.)

This is where I have to tell a story that is not mine. From the looks of things, everybody in the store was trying to be courteous about the seating thing. There was maybe a tiny bit of circling and hovering as people tried to stake out tables, and people who were eating left quickly when they were finished. So it seemed like everyone was being taken care of. When I told my sister about this, she shared with me the awesome experience that just happened to my friend (and blog designer) Jeri. Jeri and her crew went to In-N-Out, got their food, waited for a table to be cleaned, and then made their way over there. Just before they sat down, a woman behind them threw her purse over their heads so that it landed on the table, then shoved her way past them and sat down, all the while refusing to make eye contact. So Jeri, her small children, and her pregnant sister-in-law just sort of stood there, stunned.

At this point a nearby group of men, who had seen the whole thing, started laughing at that crazy beast and invited Jeri and her family to come over, where they made some room for them to sit. Because they were nice. And not crazy insane people like some other purse-throwers I could mention. Seriously, people. It's a table. At which you are going to eat a burger. Seriously. Do you really want those kind of karma points over a burger? Technically you should never behave like that at all, ever, but it just seems especially stupid over something so small.

But back to my meal, which did not contain purse-throwing. It did contain highlight #3, which was when an attractive, smiling woman stopped by our table and said "Excuse me," just as I was unhinging my jaw to take another bite out of my Double-Double Animal Style burger. For a second I thought maybe I had accidentally inhaled a small child of hers during my frenzy and she wanted it back, but no. Turns out she is a reader of this blog and just wanted to say hi. (Hee! I got to feel semi-famous!) So I chatted with the lovely Marci for a minute, which was delightful. After she left I realize that I forgot to properly introduce her to GH, because I am a jerk like that. I did, however, also refrain from introducing her to the massive zit on my chin which is named Chuck. So it's kind of even, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites