English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 31 December 2009

Have officially made New Year's Day plans . . . whew!

Me: So we should start making plans for New Year's Day.

GH: [grunt]

Me: Except . . . huh. I'm not sure what there is to do. Seems like most things are closed.

GH: Hmmm.

(See how good he is at pretending to be engaged? I can't even get mad when he suddenly shakes his head and says, "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening to any of that. You had better start over." Because then I get to tell my stories twice, which, for a chatter-box, is pretty much like getting free dessert.)

Me: I mean . . . they made it a holiday, but what are people supposed to be DOING on that day?

GH: People are hung over that day.

Me: Oh . . . right. Well then I really don't know what our options are.

Except today my long-awaited copy of The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance: A Memoir by Elna Baker has arrived. So I know exactly what I'll be doing that day: reading this book, eating leftover chocolate fondue with a spoon (read: my fingers) and laughing my sober heiney off. Not a bad way to start a year, right?

Happy New Year, everybody, no matter how you celebrate it!

Please enjoy:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites