English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 11 May 2009

Conversations that couples probably did not have 50 years ago

Remember how we discussed the part where I tend to think way too much about the too-far-ahead future? And how GH usually humors me? Yeah, I've changed my mind about the humoring part.

Yesterday he decided to be clever and start doing an impression of me. (Note: in his impressions, I sound like I belong on Teen Girl Squad. It is important to know this so that you have a clear mental image.)



So. We have GH, mocking me in Teen Girl Squad voice. (And no, we were not even talking about babies, so don't ask me where this came from.)

GH: And what if one day we have a baby that is half-girl/half-BOY? What then? And we have to just decide right then what it's going to be! And what if we pick the wrong thing and the kid resents us for it. But we have to decide! We HAVE to decide!!!

Me: You think we're going to have a hermaphrodite kid?

GH: No, but it's something YOU probably worry about.

Me: Actually, that one hadn't occurred to me. Okay, I guess we'd have to pray and fast about whether it's actually a boy or a girl and tell the doctor which---

GH: Oh. We're definitely going to have them make it a girl.

Me: How come?

GH: We just are. Because it would look weird later if they started as a boy and then changed over to be a girl.

Me: Weirder than a girl who switched later to be a guy? Like that "guy" on Oprah who had the baby?

GH: What guy on Oprah? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Me: You know, the one who was born a girl but had a sex change but kept his reproductive organs so he could give birth later---

GH: ---Okay see now I'm uncomfortable, I don't want to talk about this any more. I only brought this up to make fun of you and you're taking it seriously and turning it into an actual discussion. This is not okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites