English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 26 March 2009

The weather is putting me in a coma

So seriously. Each time it starts snowing this week it's like Nature's personal way of saying, "I HATE YOU." Or maybe that's what I'm saying to Nature. Either way, there's hate involved. Also I am becoming sluggish and cannot be bothered to do anything besides glare out the window. I do notice the piles of laundry and the disgusting kitchen and the unmade bed, but all I can do is gesture at them listlessly and think, "What does it even matter? Snow is going to cover us and we will all die in our sleep."

So, get excited for that.

On a happier note, we just booked tickets to visit my parents in Alaska this summer. I'm very excited. We're going in June, when the weather is nicest (read: there is a 25% chance of getting some sunny days). It will be green and lovely and I'm sure my parents will spoil us rotten, because that is their way. There will be fabulous food and relaxing walks and a dog to play with and every good thing.

GH has never been to Alaska and I think it's about time. He's not so sure. I think he worries that as soon as I hit Alaskan soil I will suddenly reveal my Alaskan Wilderness Girl alter ego and will suddenly clad myself head-to-toe in fleece and start shooting animals and fishing for salmon with my bare hands and possibly growing a beard. While demanding that he do the same.

I swear, it's like he doesn't even know me. Although I suppose I can be grateful that I found possibly the one man on earth whom I could marry without suspecting that he has any secret "this woman is my ticket to Alaska" motives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites