English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 5 March 2009

And that's why I was late to work this morning

The back blinker went out on GH's car a couple of weeks ago. I will not tell you how long it took us to realize this. This morning GH went to the store on his way home from work, bought a new light, and installed it in the car BY HIMSELF.

I knew he was doing this because I was awakened as he burst through the bedroom door demanding to know where the tools were.

I told him they were in the same place they always are (under the couch). Then I heard yelling because they were apparently pushed so far back under the couch that he did something to his back while reaching for them. I chose to stay in bed for all of this. After he went back outside I got up and got ready.

He returned victorious, having repaired the blinker. In the cold. In the snow. By himself. Like a handy, handy man of handiness. It was pretty hot, I can tell you. I expressed my pride.

GH: "Well, I figured I could take it in and spend 20 bucks to have someone else do it, or I could try to do it myself for 3."

Me: "I have never desired you more."

(ps question: Is anyone else trying out new money-saving techniques in light of our Current Economic Times?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites