English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 18 March 2009

And get off my porch while you're at it

About 18 months ago I got knitting again, which you might remember from the time I posted the angora baby booties that are as precious as baby birds and cute enough to eat. (Desmama's words, not mine. I never compliment myself.)

I revisited the knitting for several reasons:

1. I decided that it might be nice to see what my fingers looked like with fingernails attached to them.

2. Pictures of knitted baby clothing and accessories are the devil and will suck you in and take away your power to resist and you will just have to make them whether or not you even know any babies.

3. There were still people out there who did not mistake me for a crotchety old woman. Had to remedy that.

So here are the things I've done in the last little bit. I shall show them to you now so that you may admire with me. It's what I do to everyone who enters my home, so why should you be let off the hook just because you are out of my physical clutches?



These are the socks I knitted for my brother as a Christmas present. And one of these days I will put them in the mail. I hope this glimpse helps you hang in there, brother!



These fingerless gloves were actually Spitfire's birthday present last year, but I just barely got around to taking their picture. This year she asked for a ski cap to wear under her helmet while snowboarding. I imagine I will get that to her sometime in July or so. You know, when it will do the most good.


Made this little bunny hat for GH's baby niece--it was a late Christmas present. And since GH's baby niece is almost as cute as my own, I need to include her picture too, wearing the still-too-big hat.


Yeah, she's a cutie, non? That's one of the weapons GH used to bring me around--showing off his niece and nephew so that I would fully comprehend his worth as a potential breeding partner.

Also made one for Cicada's baby Gulliver. Cicada's obstetrician terrified me after measuring Gulliver's still-in-utero head and pronouncing it to be roughly the size of Cinderella's pumpkin-turned-coach. So I decided to be on the safe side.


He should fit into it when he's about 4 years old. Also, isn't Cicada pretty? Why yes, yes she is.

Soon to be featured: Savvy's legwarmers.

Soon to be knitted: Spitfire's boring black ski cap (she won't let me use colors) and a beyond-beautiful (but still manly) wrap cardigan for Jenny's baby boy.

And best of all, my fingernails look great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites