English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Yo quiero?

The other night I accidentally watched part of ABC's evening news. I know, I'm not really sure how that happened either. I prefer to get my news through my BBC World News highlights podcast. That way I still get to hear about things like the presidential election and how my 401K is now worthless, but I get to hear it in BBC News Voice, which is infinitely more soothing. Plus they call him "Ba-RACK O-BAAAHHHH-Ma" over there. Which I then imitate for the next 5 minutes. Try it at home for your own enjoyment. Unless you're my father, in which case you see NOTHING about this scenario to enjoy, thank you very much.

Anyway.

Watching the news, where I learned that:

1) A certain Chihuahua-themed movie has made a lot of money at the box office. I hope everyone who paid money to see that is very, very ashamed of themselves right now. They should be even more ashamed if they took children with them.

2) After seeing said steaming-pile-of-Chihuahua-crap-masquerading-as-film, many people are now interested in owning their own Chihuahuas.

3) The Humane Society of Utah
is trying to alert people to the fact that they actually have quite a lot of Chihuahuas who need homes, so people may want to come see them before visiting (and paying big bucks to) a breeder.

The best part, though, is how the Humane Society ended up with all the tiny, rat-like dogs. They came from the Los Angeles area. People bought Chihuahua puppies, the puppies got too big for the purses they were meant to ride around in, and then their owners tossed them into animal shelters in such volume that they had to start shipping them out to other states.

Now, I won't lie, they showed footage of the dogs at some sort of Chihuahua Open House and they flashed on this tiny black puppy that had both me and(!!!) GH going, "Awww." But if anything, this situation would seem to be a warning against choosing a certain breed just because they made a movie about it. I'm just saying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites