English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 4 September 2008

Wish me luck!

Am off applying for jobs today. As lovely as it has been to sleep in and be a house bunny for the past two weeks, it is time to get serious. Since there are currently no full-time library jobs open in my area, I'm going to have to get creative. Which means you should probably start looking carefully at who is serving you the next time you frequent Hot Dog on a Stick.

Also? I now have new incentive for finding employment which takes me out of my apartment. Because here's the thing. My complex is swarming with dogs. Everyone has a dog. Which is fine, I love me some dogs, but their owners all appear to be complete idiots. There's one guy who is downstairs on the lawn (outside my window) at least every hour with his dog [Pendleton] and spends the WHOLE TIME calling and shouting after him.

"Pendleton. Come here, Pendleton."
"Here, boy. Come here."
"PENDLETON. Come HERE."
"NO! Pendleton, NO. NO, Pendleton."
"Come here boy, come stand by me."
"Pendleton. Come stand by daddy."
"Look, Pendleton. Pendleton look! PENDLETON!"
"wheet-wheet-wheet!!" (You will recognize this as the Universal Dog Whistle, which an old boss of mine once tried to use with me. It did not go over well.)

And on and on and on and on.

Right now there's a another woman downstairs calling and clapping and whistling for HER dog. Why don't they just put them on a LEASH if they have "coming when called" problems? Those poor animals are probably all neurotic by now. I'm thinking it's because their owners are pretty much using their dogs as an attention-getting mechanism. And if no one hears you shouting for your dog then what's the point?

Of course, it's all going to backfire when I throw my new toaster oven off the balcony at their heads.

ps. It's my birthday tomorrow! I'm turning 29, which is the age I plan to stay for at least the next few years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites