English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 12 December 2007

Sometimes I wonder if we're actually related

Last night I was in a bit of a work-related strop and my dear sister Spitfire did her best to cheer me up. Her cheering-up ideas included flourless chocolate cake from Sweetly Divine, a fabulous pastry shop here in L****. Mine involved Wammart, cheap things made of glass, and a brick wall.

We went with hers, since it was technically better.

On the way there, though, she started talking about the movie Transformers.

Spitfire: Oh that's right, you probably haven't seen it.

Me (slumped down in the passenger seat with a permascowl): No, I only watch quality programming.

Spitfire, shaking her head: That may be the case, but you're missing out. It was kind of good.

Me: [unintelligible sneering and snorting]

Spitfire continued: Just think, Megatron was the bad guy but originally he was their brother in valor. I mean, isn't that kind of upsetting?

Me: Something is.

pause

Me: Did they really use the words brother in valor in the movie?

Spitfire: No. I made that part up. It sounded good though, huh?

I'm lucky to have a sister who will actually try to bring me out of my funk rather than just leaving me to mope behind a Dumpster somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites