English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 11 December 2007

Have found some good stress relievers

Remember last week when you gave me all the good advice about how to keep the eye twitch down? I decided to follow your counsel.

On Saturday I used a birthday gift certificate I'd been hanging on to and got a massage at the Valhalla Salon & Spa. It was so, SO nice. The therapist was great. Not as good as the one I used to use but can never afford again (She Who Has Dark Magic in Her Fingers), but I've kind of given up on the idea of finding anyone like that ever again because I don't think such people exist. Saturday's therapist did actually spent time working on the places that needed it, though, and didn't try to run any Matchbox cars up and down my back, which made me love her.

Also, when I got up on the massage table and slipped under the sheets I realized that the table was heated.

Yeah.

Did you even know they could DO that? It was amazing. I didn't know whether to fall asleep or run to the bathroom. I would have married that table, I think.

And then to cap off the good weekend I bought tickets to Hawaii.

Hee!! YEAH I did!

Which I think is the best de-stresser OF ALL. My parents had an extra room booked at the Hale Koa on Waikiki Beach for the beginning of March. My aunt & uncle, who were going to go as well, had to back out, so now their room is my room. And I'll get to split costs with a lovely friend who agreed to come along, because she too understands the need for Hawaiian vacations in March. So we'll be there for a few days, and then we'll fly over to Kauai for the rest of the week and stay in a condo near Poipu Beach (pictured).


Yeah. It's pretty much all I can think about. I went to Hawaii a few years ago with my parents and Amyjane. I didn't think she'd be able to make it this time around, on account of she'll be kind of busy then. But it was so, soooo wonderful--especially Kauai. And knowing that I'll be back there in less than three months is enough to get me through quite a lot. So it's possible that I can just leave that AK-47 in the back of the closet where it belongs and save the tower-climbing for later in the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites