English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 31 December 2007

I knew I was in the right generation

Yesterday a study was released which indicates that the largest group of public library users are aged 18-30.

Who even knew?

This is interesting news for libraries and librarians because it means that the very users everyone dismisses as the "Google" generation who get all their information on their home computer are actually using the library as well. I personally can use this as justification for directing more budget money and programming to that age group.

According to the survey, lots of young adults go to libraries to use the computers, read newspapers & magazines, check out books, and to get information about jobs, government benefits, educational opportunities & requirements, and health questions.

I'm so proud of everyone.

If you are hardcore like me and think the funnest thing on earth would be to read the full 42-page report, you can find it here. I'll probably have a cold shower running just in case I get too excited.

If you'd rather read the short AP article about the findings, you can do that too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites