English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 25 June 2010

Happy Father's Day

To honor my actual father on the blessed day, I pitched in with Jenny to get him a reeeeeaaaal nice pair of Reef sandals.


Dad deemed this an appropriate gift, since I was the reason his $4 Old Navy flip-flops broke in Hawaii two years ago. I sprung a surprise hike on him so he was not prepared with the right footwear and then the strap of the flip-flop busted and he had to limp along on the jungle floor with a sideways flip-flop while the rest of us laughed mercilessly. That's how he tells it, anyway. (Except I'm really laughing now thinking about the sideways flip-flop so maybe that is how it actually happened. Who knows.) Now Dad is prepared, footwise, for his next Hawaiian getaway.

For GH, the soon-to-be father, I gave him the go-ahead to replace the car stereo that was stolen this year. (Our apartment complex is just a lovely place on so many levels, really.) I think he'd given up hope on ever having music in his car again. Also I bought this:







For anyone lucky enough not to recognize this symbol, it's from Lost. And no, just because that show ended this year do not suppose for one moment that GH will ever waver in his devotion to it. Ever. You go ask Buffy the Vampire Slayer if he has ever forgotten to send her a Christmas card. Let's hope this bib tides him over if the Lost poster should ever mysteriously disappears one day . . .


You remember the Lost poster, right? If you don't, then this is what's been hanging on our bedroom wall since we got married:




Yep. The last thing I saw before falling asleep every night was Benjamin Linus's face. And GH wonders why I have bad dreams. (And no, having Sayid's handsome face up there as well did not help the situation as much as you might think it would--especially not during the last few episodes where he went all Ev** Zo**** on me.) I did get a poster frame for the thing, though. Standards, people.

I should report that since completing our Exodus from the Smokers we haven't bothered putting anything back up on the walls. This bodes well for my master plan. Jack Bauer should maybe start watching his back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites