English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 27 April 2009

Kept waiting to see this woman's grisly death reported in the news

On Friday we drove downtown to try our hand at the Wicked lottery. Again, some more. (Fourth time, if you're counting.) GH dropped me off so I could at least get my name in while he parked. And then without me seeing him in the crowd, GH made it with one minute to spare and was the last one to put his name in the cauldron. Some lady right by the front snipped, "Well, HE'D better not win." Except, um, why shouldn't he win? Because he didn't stand there as long as she did? I wish I'd been with him so I could have given her the Eyebrow and started something.

Only guess who did win? This lady. She won and proceeded to do this hysterical witch cackle laugh that may or may not have been an affected mannerism (although, considering what's to come, it wouldn't surprise me if she taught herself to laugh like that.)

And then? Three names later her daughter wins two tickets. And Witch Lady cackled some more. At which point the crowd sort of good-naturedly grumbled that it wasn't fair for two people in the same family to get tickets. Which is when Witch Lady announces that not only has she already seen the show three times, but she actually already has tickets to see it during the Salt Lake City run.

Seriously.

Not sure how she thought that little bit of information was going to endear her to the empty-handed crowd of people who were just hoping to see the show once. That's when they actually starting booing at her. She then shrieked, "No, you don't understand, I have a Wicked blog!!!" Which, I guess, means that she deserves to see it 8 times at the expense of other people.

Because she loves it more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites