English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 11 April 2006

And we're back

Things that are slapping me right back into reality:

  • I missed 2 spots with the sunblock--the end of my nose and the space between my eyebrows. I look like a prehistoric Rudolph.
  • It is raining, windy, and freezing cold here.
  • The heating is not currently working at my house, so I'm huddled at the computer wearing many layers. Am pondering adding newspaper sheets to the layers, because I hear paper is a good conductor.
  • I have no groceries and don't want to go out in the cold and rain to buy some. Have been eating Spanish chocolate for breakfast.
  • The load of dirty dishes that I left in the sink are still there, because I guess the dish fairies didn't come.
  • I now have so much coursework staring me in the face that I may just build a fire out of furniture legs to warm my self and climb back into bed.

Only here are the bright spots:
  • I did have a great vacation.
  • My little brother (cbh) got his mission call to the Dominican Republic, so he'll be spending the next 2 years in a tropical paradise, even though he'll be wearing a tie for most of it . . .
  • WR met us at the airport, only laughed a little bit at my red monobrow (or possibly just the comparison of a golden-brown Goldilocks next to candy-cane moi) and brought me a fleecy pullover to wear, on account of it was 38 degrees outside.
  • I just got an email telling me how to fix the heating problem. So I'm off to do that.

Until I can post more pictures and stories and stuff, here's one I took of my favorite new beach, Playa Amadores.


Sigh . . . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites