English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 10 August 2009

Speaking of corn

On Saturday the Gentleman Husband and I were driving down to Provo for a BBQ with my family. On the way we listened to the songs on his iPod because he has attitude about the songs on mine.

A song by U2 started to play (I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for) and I asked a question that has long puzzled me.

Me: So what's the King of Corn?

GH: The what?

Me: You know, in the song. Bono says he "believes in the King of Corn."

GH: I . . . don't think that's what he's saying. Wait, do you mean when he says "I believe in the Kingdom Come?"

Yeah. He pretty much has not stopped laughing over that one.

But speaking of "Corn is King," have you seen the new high-fructose corn syrup commercials put out by the Corn Refiner's Association? You need to watch this, and then watch the response put out in the next clip.

Heh.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites