English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 19 October 2009

Welcome, and thank you for making Jenny an aunt

My brother and his wife had their first baby this week. My s-in-l was in labor for, no lie, eleventy hundred hours before she ended up having a C-section. Everyone is doing fine and they're home.

And here's precious baby Madeline:


Lookit that li'l rosebud mouth!


This was the conversation I had with Jenny during the Multiple Days of Labor while we were waiting for news.

Jenny: ALSO! I AM SO EXCITED TO BE AN AUNT!
SO EXCITED!
I mean, I know I technically am one already but it doesn't feel like it.
I think I'm going to like this being an aunt stuff.

Me: Oh my gosh, that's right! You've NEVER BEEN AN AUNT!
How did I not realize this? The rest of us have been aunts but you were always the mom!

Jenny: I need to MAIL HER THINGS.

Me: YEAH. Yeah you do.

Now Jenny gets why I was always turning up with baby clothes and accessories and books and toys for Savannah. You become an aunt and some sort of switch goes off and you Must. Buy. Things. For. Baby. It is a very, very real force.

They're coming out in January for coolboy's wedding and I cannot wait to eat that baby's face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites