The Tiny Dark Lord very much dislikes the tummy time, and so I dislike it too. I told myself that he spends enough time holding his head up in other positions and so maybe we could just count them as his muscle-building, flat-head-avoiding exercises. Yesterday, though, I got him on the floor. He was on a blanket, mind you, and not on the actual carpet. This is the original shag carpet from 1978 and I don't want to think about what lives in it. Also you get rug burns just from walking on it barefoot. It is awful stuff.
Anyway, on his tummy. Only this time, instead of drooling and snuffling onto the blanket for a few minutes before finally whining to be picked up, something different happened. He propped himself right up, stared me straight in the eye, opened his mouth and said, "Yeah, I'm done with this," and flipped himself over onto his back.
I was so excited that I got out the video camera and made him do it again. See if you can catch the moment when he spots the electronics.






0 comments:
Post a Comment