English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 8 July 2010

What? Braggy McBraggerson?

Remember that one time when I indicated that I had a Christmas present idea in the works that would make me the most favorite person ever? Well. The idea was good, my follow-through was not so much. (I know. Me, procrastinate? Shocking.)

But still, I want to show what I was up to, now that it's not giving me nightmares and guilt-induced ulcers anymore. I give you the French Press Knits Felted Slipper from French Press Knits.



(image from French Press Knits)

I know, right?? This is the one aaaaaallll the cool knitters were doing for Christmas, if the 3,000+ projects in Ravelry are anything to go by. Daltongirl pointed this pattern out to me around Thanksgiving, because she is a cruel vixen in that way. My heart exploded in my chest, I cursed her for being the kind of hose-beast who would point me to something like this right around Thanksgiving when I was supposed to be all done with the gifts of the Christmas, and then raced outside like a rabid squirrel and stocked up on the necessary yarn.

Now that it's been, oh, eleventy thousand months and I've finished (most of) them I feel it's time to to slap them up on the Brag Wall. They didn't take long at all to knit, it's just that then I had to actually drag my butt off the couch to do things like seaming and felting and attaching of buttons and oh, I feel faint now. Being this lazy is not as easy as it looks.

So here are the end results, with varying levels of success.













As fun as these were to give away, please act as my witness here when I say that I will not repeat such an exercise next Thanksgiving. And if I'm tempted to do it, please remind me that I am speaking THE CRAZY TALK AND NEED TO JUST SHUT UP AND GO EAT SOME MORE PIE BECAUSE THE BABY NEEDS PIE OKAY???

Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites